Protec Dental Laboratories Ltd. is a growing full-service dental laboratory located in Olympic Village area. We are seeking a dynamic individual to join our team in a Denture Laboratory Supervisor role. The ideal candidate must have good communication and interpersonal skills, a natural curiosity and willingness to learn, and the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment as a team player and independently.
The Denture Lab Supervisor is responsible to assist in the supervising of the Denture and Cast Partial departments. The duties are to oversee the laboratory and assist in the training of employees. Other responsibilities involved are to QC cases and communicate with clinicians. The dental laboratory supervisor is responsible for ensuring the lab is compliant with all WorkSafe BC and CDTBC regulations.
The Denture Lab Supervisor will report to the Dentures Managing Partner
What You Will Be Doing
- Quality control all incoming and outgoing work within the laboratory to meet specified standards.
- Evaluate prosthetic appliances for conformance to specifications and accuracy of occlusion, using articulators and micrometres.
- Consult with dentists on treatment planning and troubleshooting of more complex cases.
- Identify problems and implement solutions, and provide training for laboratory staff.
- Adhere to all safety requirements and procedures and communicate any safety issues i.e. reporting unsafe practices; remind staff of proper procedures, etc.
- Examine models and impressions to fabricate, alter and repair dental prostheses such as complete and partial dentures.
- Perform duties as workload coordinator; help with implementing schedules for the technician’s daily workload.
What You Will Need
- High School Diploma or GED. RDT license or 5-8 years of equivalent experience as a lab technician. At least three years supervising dental technicians preferred.
- Ability to apply understanding to carry out instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with occasional or no variables.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of the Internet, Gmail and the ability to learn lab production software.
- Extended healthcare including medical and dental
- A great team
- Lots of great eats in the neighbourhood
Full-time Monday to Friday during business hours (8:00am-5:00pm)
Must be located in Greater Vancouver.
Submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Salary Offer Based on Experience